Wednesday 23 March 2011

Vent a Day: Broke Bridesmaid

Broke bridesmaid is broke. But she's also clueless about wedding. She's honest about her cluelessness, emailing me to say just tell her how things work. So I do, including that it's usual (though not required) to co-host the shower. She opts not to co-host, which is fine. Then she accepts invitations to 2 showers. And complains about putting in money for the bachelorette. And complains about buying shower gifts. Um ... you don't have to attend either shower. Nor is it required to become a bridesmaid.

In other words, I am not the person to complain to. But I can't believe how many people have emailed and phoned me with such random complains. Maybe I seem like a sympathetic ear because I just listen? But when you complain you're broke, Future Sister-In-Law of the Bride, but tell me you just paid $1,000 to be a vendor at an uncoming bridal exhibition, I don't have much sympathy. You've known about The Bride's shower and bachelorette for 2 months, and it's another month.

No comments:

Post a Comment